By Matthew Shaw
Support groups for older people in West Leeds provide social events, help with meeting people and other similar services to people who need them.
And there are usually plenty of opportunities for you to make a difference to older people’s lives by volunteering your time.
Below are contact details of various charities who would welcome volunteers.
Bramley Elderly Action;
- Address: Bramley Community Centre, Waterloo Lane, Bramley, LS13 2JB
- Telephone: 0113 236 1644
- E-mail: Info@bramleyea.org.uk
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bramleyelderly
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bramleyelderly/
- Website: http://www.bramleyea.org.uk
Armley Helping Hands:
- Telephone: 0113 279 9292
- E-mail: Dawn.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/armleyhh
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/armley.helpinghands/
OWLS (Older Wiser Local Seniors) – Burley & Kirkstall
- E-mail: Infoowls@gmail.org
- Telephone: m0113 367 7072
- Address: 52 North Lane, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 3HU
- Website: https://www.owlsleeds.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OWLSOlderWiserLocalSeniors/
- Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/olderwiserowls
MHA – Pudsey & Farsley
- Website: https://www.mha.org.uk
- Address: 53 Richardshaw Ln, Pudsey LS28 7NB
- Telephone: 0113 256 2717 (Pudsey)
- Address: Farsley Parish Church Hall, New Street, Farsley, Leeds LS28 5DJ
- Telephone: 0113 290 9340 (Farsley)
Neighbourhood Action in. Farnley, New Farnley and Moor Top
- Telephone: 0113 263 2945
- E-mail: Neighbourhoodaction@hotmail.com
- Address: 307 Lower Wortley Road, Leeds, LS12 4QA.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NeighbourhoodAction
Please feel free to get in contact and volunteer. These groups not only help the community but can teach you new skills. If any groups want to have their details added or changed, feel free to get in contact at email@example.com.