Making a complaint
While we always strive for editorial accuracy and balance, sometimes mistakes may creep in during the hectic production process of our website.
We aim to deal with formal complaints in a thorough and professional manner and to make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that trust in our journalism and our publication remains strong.
We can look into complaints about items we have published which are in our control. We adhere to the Standards Code adopted by IMPRESS and can only deal with complaints which relate to an alleged breach of the standards set out in this Code.
We can only deal with your complaint if you are:
- personally and directly affected by an alleged breach of the Code
- a representative group affected by an alleged breach of the Code, where there is public interest in your complaint
- a third party seeking to ensure accuracy of published information
What can I complain about?
- You can complain about any article, including words, images and audio/video content.
- You can also complain about the conduct of an individual journalist or employee of the publication in question, with reference to specific (if any) clauses of the Editors Code which are in breach.
1. Contact us
We are regulated by IMPRESS, but initial complaints must be made to West Leeds Dispatch in writing at the following address:
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Address: 26 Hare Park Mount, Leeds LS12 5LR
- Telephone: 07446 968140
We will acknowledge your complaint by e-mail or in writing within seven calendar days and will normally respond to your complaint with a final decision letter within 21 calendar days. If we uphold your complaint, we will tell you the remedial actions we have taken.
All information provided to West Leeds Dispatch will be handled sensitively and within the boundaries of the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. Contact Impress
If you are not satisfied with the final response to your complaint, or if you do not hear from us within 21 calendar days of submitting your complaint, then you can refer your complaint to our independent regulator IMPRESS at the following address:
Regulated by IMPRESS: The Independent Monitor for the Press CIC
IMPRESS, 16-18 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6AG
T: 020 3325 4288
W: You can use the online complaints form at: http://www.impress.press/complaints/