Kirkstall Valley Development Trust is recruiting a part-time food pantry co-ordinator, ideally someone living in the Kirkstall area.
Butcher Hill Food Pantry is a joint initiative between Horsforth Community Aid Project and Kirkstall Valley Development Trust (KVDT).
The pantry is is a membership scheme which aims to help those on low income make their money go further. On average members can save up to £500 per year whilst also being able to access advice and support.
KVDT are looking to recruit a co-ordinator to manage the Food Pantry and ensure that all food hygiene regulations are adhered to; manage food collections and deliveries; coordinate volunteers; and record keeping whilst meeting all GDPR requirements.
It is essential that you:
- Have experience working within a food pantry or food bank setting,
- Hold a current Food Hygiene Certificate,
- Have an understanding of GDPR and how it relates to record keeping and safe storage of personal data,
- Are empathetic,
- Have experience working in a voluntary setting with volunteers,
- Have previous experience of supporting volunteers,
- Demonstrate a commitment and enthusiasm for supporting people on low incomes,
- Have good verbal, written and numeracy skills to be able to make accurate written records,.
- Have good technical literacy of Microsoft Applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM systems,
- Have good interpersonal skills including listening and displaying empathy,
- Have access to a car for work purposes and hold a full current UK driving licence,
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake work with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail,
- Have excellent organisation and time management skills.
The successful applicant will also need good organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously whilst also being able to work as part of a wider team.
It is desirable that you live within the Kirkstall community and have a strong record of volunteering in the Kirkstall area.
For an informal discussion about the role contact Adele Rae on email email@example.com or telephone 07900 986570. To apply, please send one side of A4 outlining why you are suitable for the role to Adele on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday 15th October at 12 midday. Interviews will be held in Kirkstall on Tuesday 19th October.