The 1152 Club is a new, free, fortnightly drop-in group for older adults aged over 55 at Kirkstall Abbey Visitor Centre.
The friendly groups offers a range of talks and activities and it meets fortnightly, 10am-11.30am. No booking required, just turn up and join in.
- Advertisement -
Forthcoming events include:
- 24 July Stuart Wrathmell Medieval water pipes, drains and industry at Kirkstall Abbey
- 7 Aug Eddie Lawler Yorkshire Folk Traditions & Songs
- 21 Aug Michael Meadowcroft Thomas Walter Harding (1843-1927)
- 4 Sept Mark Saville Horsforth: Town Centre, Woodside and Newlay
- 18 Sept Jacki Lawrence A History of Barnbow
- 2 Oct Patrick Bourne Exhibiting the exotic in 19th Century Leeds
- 16 Oct Ann Lightman Lawnswood Cemetery: its variety, history and recent changes
- 30 Oct Nicola Pullan Pot luck : a historical overview of some of the Leeds potteries & the pottery collections at Leeds Museums
For more details, contact Patrick Bourne, Kirkstall Abbey, Abbey Walk, Kirkstall, Leeds LS5 3EH, email Kirkstall.email@example.com or telephone 0113 2305492.
I attempted with a friend to attend the 30th October meeting. Alas and alack, this schedule printed above bears no relationship the 1152 Club schedule this year. I was given an accurate schedule by a helpful council manager at the abbey.
A slap on the wrist to you ‘West Leeds Despatch’. If in doubt I suggest to your readers, as I was advised by helpful manager at the Abbey to only trust the “Leeds.org.uk” site in future. Might I suggest humble pie is in order? Or at least a “MiaCulpa”?
Thanks for your comment and sorry you had a wasted journey! This article was posted in 2015 if you look at the date stamp at the top of the article and referred to last year’s events. The information was correct at the time of going to press.
It’s definitely time we did an update for this year though.