Photos: Simon Cullingworth
One of the leading lights behind Bramley parkun has celebrated a major volunteering milestone.
Jean Hollings – known in some circles as ‘Mrs Bramley parkrun’ – yesterday completed her 50th parkrun and also volunteered for the 250th time at the Saturday morning event in Bramley Park.
Cakes were provided by regular volunteer and master baker Gareth Semmence.
Back in February 2018, Jean was a recipient of a West Leeds Dispatch Good Egg award for her selfless voluntary work.
- A total of 25 volunteers took part in Bramley parkrun.
- 202 athletes ran and jogged walked across the finish line.
- 37 people joined us for their first time. We had inspirational 15 people who completed their first ever parkrun and nine people returned for their second parkrun.
- Visitors from Keighley, London and Oldham joined on their parkrun journey.
- 23 different running clubs were represented.
- 44 people gained a personal best.
- Congratulations to Sara K on achieving her 10th parkrun
- Congratulations Jean H & Tom P on completing their 50th parkrun
- Congratulations to Carol R on her 150th volunteering occasion
A parkrun spokesperson said:
“Thanks again to all our wonderful volunteers as we couldn’t have a parkrun with you. If you are interested in volunteering once a week, once every six weeks or three times a year to help us keep things running smoothly, please let us know.”