A plaque marking Farsley’s connections to Aston Martin will be attached to the Farsley Stone tomorrow (Saturday) morning.
The plaque will be unveiled by five former apprentices from The David Brown Aston Martin site in Newlands who helped build the DB2/4. The cars featured in James Bond film Goldfinger.
The ceremony, at the junction of Calverley Lane and the Ring Road, will be held at 9.45am.
The week after – 10th September – it will be Aston Martin Day in Farsley, which will form part of a big weekend of heritage in the village.
Around 30 Aston Martins will parade down Town Street from 10am before parking at the woodland Car Park at Sunny Bank Mills at 10.30am until approximately noon, when they will depart up Town Street to Whitby then Ripley Castle on the Sunday.
Although the main manufacturing plant of James Bond 007’s car of choice was in Huddersfield, Aston Martin also had a factory at Newlands Works in Farsley.
By 1950 Newlands was the main producer for tractor engines and the power unit for the new Aston DB2.