A new Pudsey lottery is proving a popular draw as it looks to support businesses looking to bounce back following lockdown and encourage people to shop local.
Almost £1,000 worth of tickets were sold for the first draw, which was held outside Ison Harrison Solicitors on Lidget Hill yesterday.
Pudsey Business Network Forum, which was revamped last year to support businesses in the town, is pioneering the Pudsey Lottery, which will pay out in Pudsey Pounds to be spent in local shops, the town’s market and businesses.
At the first draw, forum chair Cllr Trish Smith (Cons, Pudsey) said 21 shops and businesses had been selling the tickets. She added:
“The aim of this is to protect our shops and businesses and protect our high street.
“Considering we only launched on 9th July, and some businesses opened up even later than that, it’s been an excellent start! Thank you to every single person who has supported this initiative so that we can help to safeguard our shops, market and businesses.
“This is all about the local community and I’m pleased how many people have taken part in the first draw.”
Prizes are 80% of the overall pot.
Winners and thanks
1st Prize Ticket: 07/20 – 1111 Sold by: Coffee & Cake House
2nd Prize Ticket: 07/20 – 553 Sold by: Megabites
3rd Prize Ticket: 07/20 – 562 Sold by: Megabites
4th Prize Ticket: 07/20 – 409 Sold by: Greetings Card Shop
5th Prize Ticket: 07/20 – 752 Sold by: Bentley’s Butchers
Cllr Smith thanked everyone who has supported in any way, special thanks to Ison Harrison for hosting the event, to Balloon Bear for the display, and to Black Mouse for the champagne. She also thanked all the sub-committee members, Tom at PDS Windows for filming, Kudu Printers, Topstitch, Dan Pearce, Linley & Simpsons and Lisa Farrar for attending.
The next draw will be held on the first Tuesday of September.
Spend your pounds
Participating businesses that have so far signed up to accept the Pudsey Pounds are:
- Tyersal Recreational Club, Tyersal Road, Tyersal
- Troydale Members Club, Troydale Grove
- Pudsey Table Tennis & Bowling Club, Windmill Hill
- 147 Sports Bar, Chapeltown
- Petty’s Fish & Chips, 2 Owlcotes Road
- Waterloo Fisheries, 107 Waterloo Road
- Greetings Card Shop, 5 Church Lane
- Megabites, 1 Valley Road
- Amber’s Little Cakery 159 Fartown
- 54 Tearooms, 54 Fulneck
- Bentley’s Butchers, 8-10 Robin Lane
- Frank Eshelby, 24 Lowtown
- Pudsey Carpet and Bed Centre, 27-29 Lowtown
- PDS Windows, 61 Chapeltown
- Coffee & Cake House, 161 Richardshw Lane
- Olde Booths Tearooms, 20 Lowtown
- Topstitch, 3 Lidget Hill
- Gigi’s Restaurant, 63 Lidget Hill
- Polished Beauty Salon, 5 Chapletown
- Scrumdiddlyumptious, Market Place
- Framed Memories by Laura, 40 Victoria Road
- Phoenix Accessories, Waterloo Mills, Waterloo Rd.
- Jarrod Headley, 21 Chapeltown
- CS Locks, 16 Church Lane
- Northern Mobility, 31 Chapeltown
- Taste of Thai, 104 Valley Road
- The Bearded Sailor, 1 Robin Lane
- Make it Personal, 203 Richardshaw Lane
- Sweet Memories by Ann, Pudsey Market Trader
- Black Mouse Cheese & Wine Emporium, 15a Lowtown
- Farmac Timber & Building Supplies, Richardshaw Road
- DPSH Estate Agency, 18 Lowtown
- Kudu Print ABS Business Park, Varley St.
- The Fleece Inn, 100 Fartown
- Glenn Taylor Photographer, 16 Marsh Rise
- Preloved of Pudsey, 27 Church Lane
- Balloon Bear, 12 Edward Close
- Pudsey Dog Park, 142 Roker Lane
- Scarlet Poppy, 114 Fartown
- Manhattan Hairdressers, 21 Lowtown
- Tyersal Skip Hire, Tyersal Avenue
- Briggate House Interiors, 74 Galloway Lane
- Brick Mill Barbers, Littlemoor Road.