Monday, October 3, 2022
HomeNewsPudsey housing development proposal withdrawn by developer

Pudsey housing development proposal withdrawn by developer

Plans to build 28 family homes in a Pudsey field have been withdrawn by the applicant.

Planning consultants Johnson Mowat had submitted the proposals, off Kent Road, back in January. They said the development would deliver ‘much-needed’ family housing in the town. The only access would be via Varley’s Yard.

Local concerns over parking and traffic had been expressed by residents.

- Advertisement -

Council highways officers had said in a planning report last month that the site layout plan should be revised to include 20mph speed limit signage, cycle parking storage/sheds, electric vehicle charging points and a revised parking layout. It also called for a two-metre wide footway on the northern side of the access corridor.

Some clearance work has already started on the site and developers are expected to return with revised proposals. The site, which is allocated for housing development in the council’s Site Allocation Plan blueprint, previously had planning permission for 28 properties in 2015.

WLD reported last November that Johnson Mowat had launched a consultation on the proposals, with a leaflet to residents near the site informing them of the proposals. The withdrawn plans can be viewed in full here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Recent Posts

Stay Connected

2,849FansLike
518FollowersFollow
3,729FollowersFollow