Pudsey & Farsley Royal British Legion Branch are walking over 11 kilometres on Saturday 31st October, visiting the War memorials and War Grave sites associated to the Pudsey’s old borough, writes Damon Sugden.
They will pay their respects and plant Poppy Crosses to the fallen as they go.
Starting 10am on Saturday the walk is planned to last approximately four hours and is in lieu of our cancelled annual parade.
We are asking for donations towards the Poppy Appeal on this Just Giving page in support as the walk, you can also follow the same route on your own “Move to Remember”, or visit the many memorials around West Leeds.
You can donate to their JustGiving page by clicking here.
Our good friend and Gulf War veteran Darren Walker, and his daughter Shannon, are also joining in and separately raising funds for their 14/20th Hussars Memorial, please also support them here.
You can follow all, or part of our ‘Move to Remember’ route too visiting:
• Bramley War Memorial, Moorfields Bramley
• Rodley War Memorial, Town Street Rodley
• Cross Bypass at Rodley Roundabout
• Calverley Parish church yard CWGC
• Calverley War memorial, Victoria Park
• Brookfields War memorials 1&2, access via Brookfields Ave.
• Cross Bypass at Rodley Roundabout > turn right onto Oaklands Rd shortcut
• Springfield Mills Memorial Bagley Lane (in-between the main buildings)
• Farsley Boer War memorial Bagley Lane
• Farsley War Memorial Bagley Lane .
• Farsley Methodists memorial (building behind the Village wine bar)
• St Johns Farsley CWGC Town Street• Pudsey Cemetery CWGC, Cemetery Road
• Pudsey Parish Church Field of Remembrance, Radcliffe Lane
• Pudsey Cenotaph, Chapeltown• Pudsey Cenotaph missing names
• The Royal Hotel Remembrance mural, Station St Pudsey
• Pudsey Bowling, Running & Table Tennis Club WW1 Memorial, Windmill Hill, off Smalewell Road.