Kirkstall Valley Grants is on the hunt for enthusiastic individuals of all ages, backgrounds, views and abilities to join them as interns and help deliver the next round of climate grants.
Kirkstall Valley Grants (KVG) is a micro-grants scheme from Open Source Arts focused on providing individuals and small organisations in the Kirkstall Valley with up to £250 to enact their own creative and imaginative projects which improve the environment and quality of life for people living and working in the Kirkstall Valley.
The intern roles will be flexible with a working approach centred around team meetings and working groups.
There are a variety of core areas of work:
- Community outreach to promote the grants programme
- Social media communications
- Supporting potential applicants to develop their ideas and apply
- Communicating with previous, current and potential grant holders
- Helping organise and deliver events
- Communicating and liaising with local businesses
- Website communications
Deadline for applications is Friday, 22 April 2022 and KVG is looking for people able to start from Monday 2 May.
This internship will suit those who:
- Are thinking of working in the third sector
- Want to gain experience in or have the opportunity to develop your skills in: event planning and management, community and business outreach, communications and marketing.
- Enjoy meeting people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Enjoy thinking creatively and coming up with new ideas
- Want to support people making a difference in their local community
- Care about the environment and sustainability
- Have direct experience of climate justice and the impacts of the climate crisis and community level action either directly or because of being in close relationship with people impacted.
More details on the internships – and details of how too apply – can be found here.