Leeds West Academy are consulting on proposals to increase places at the school, writes Keely Bannister.
Trustees are working in partnership with Leeds City Council to permanently increase the number of places offered at Leeds West Academy in Year 7 from 240 to 300 students with effect from September 2022.
A consultation document explains that there has been an increase in demand and places in West Leeds primary schools over recent years which is now creating a need for extra places in secondary places.
Writing on their website, the academy state that the proposed expansion would present an opportunity for them to:
- Respond to the demand for secondary school places in the local area
- Generate greater financial efficiencies to allow for recruitment and retention of the very best staff
- Improve our educational and sporting facilities
- Create facilities that will support us on our drive to become a world class school
Two community drop-in sessions are to be held at Leeds West Academy for any member of the local community to get more information/ask questions about/on the proposals:
They will be on:
- Tuesday 11th February from 3.30pm until 5.30pm and
- Tuesday 25th February from 5pm until 6.30pm
Located on Intake Lane in Bramley, Leeds West Academy is part of the White Rose Academies Trusts.
Last June the school netted a ‘Good’ rating from Ofsted after previously being told that it required improvement.
Have your say here on the proposals before the consultation ends on 1st March .