Trustees are working in partnership with Leeds City Council to permanently increase the number of places offered at Leeds West Academy in Year 7 from 240 to 300 students with effect from September 2022.
A consultation document explains that there has been an increase in demand and places in West Leeds primary schools over recent years which is now creating a need for extra places in secondary places.
Writing on their website, the academy state that the proposed expansion would present an opportunity for them to:
- Respond to the demand for secondary school places in the local area
- Generate greater financial efficiencies to allow for recruitment and retention of the very best staff
- Improve our educational and sporting facilities
- Create facilities that will support us on our drive to become a world class school
Two community drop-in sessions are to be held at Leeds West Academy for any member of the local community to get more information/ask questions about/on the proposals:
They will be on:
- Tuesday 11th February from 3.30pm until 5.30pm and
- Tuesday 25th February from 5pm until 6.30pm
Last June the school netted a ‘Good’ rating from Ofsted after previously being told that it required improvement.
Have your say here on the proposals before the consultation ends on 1st March .