A home for children with complex needs in Armley is set for a major refurbishment costing £220,000.
Council chiefs have approved the investment at Acorn Lodge, which is part of a £1.5m scheme of improvements across the city.
Improvements at Acorn Lodge include:
- Installing electric gates and burglar alarm to provide greater security to site.
- A new bathroom with specific equipment for children with complex needs.
- A new outdoor play space.
- Improve paths around the site so they are wheelchair accessible.
- Remodel and replace all windows and doors, including the conservatory.
- Decorate and improve all internal living spaces to include new carpets and flooring throughout Acorn Lodge.
A council report authorising the improvements said:
“Acorn Lodge complex needs children’s home requires a substantial redesign to ensure that its ‘statement of purpose’ which is to provide an environment that nurtures children with complex needs can be adhered to.”
The full report can be read here.West Leeds Dispatch