Does your bike need some tender loving care this winter? An event being held on the route of the new cycle superhighway in West Leeds might be the answer.
The organisation behind the cycle superhighway, CityConnect, is working with the fire fighters of Stanningley Fire Station, West Yorkshire Police and West Yorkshire Safer Roads to organise an event which has everything cyclists need to be safe, seen and secure while out on their bikes this winter.
Stanningley Fire Station will host the drop in event on November 29th from 3.30pm–8pm.
A City Connect spokesperson said:
“Whether you regularly cycle or you haven’t been out on your bike in years, bring your bike and we’ll make sure you’re set to ride. If you’ve got a friend who is interested in starting to ride, why not bring them along?”
On offer will be:
- Dr Bike – Get you bike checked over by a bike maintenance specialist for free
- Bike marking with the West Yorkshire Police
- Reduced Lights and Locks Sale with West Yorkshire Safer Roads and CityConnect – purchase a set of high quality lights for £5 and get a free high quality lock. First come, first served basis.
- Blind Spot training with West Yorkshire Safer Roads
- First aid and safety demonstration with West Yorkshire Fire Service from 6.30pm – Learn how to give basic first aid, if at the scene of a cycling accident.
- Light up safety accessories give away – Grab some wearable light up accessories for you and your bike.
The event is free and cyclists can drop in at any time.