A number of changes in parks run by Leeds City Council will be implemented in response to the latest government guidance around outdoor activities.
From tomorrow (Wednesday 13 May):
- Council park car parks will re-open but playgrounds in parks will remain closed and the gates locked with notices in place. Outdoor gym equipment in parks is also still off limits and toilet facilities will remain closed.
- Multi-use games areas will reopen
- Fishing and use of bowling greens in parks will be allowed
From 22 May:
- Roundhay Park and Temple Newsam golf courses will open
From 1st June:
- Park cafes and concessions will be open (takeaway only)
In a statement, a Leeds City Council spokesperson said:
“Although we are beginning to open up some of the facilities that have been closed in our parks and green spaces again, visitors must still strictly adhere to the social distancing guidance set out by government by remaining two metres away from anyone not in their household.
“We continue to follow the national guidance around managing the impact of coronavirus in Leeds and will ensure any changes we implement over the next days, weeks and months are done so as safely as possible.”
Advice and guidance for local residents and communities can be found can be found here.