A report states that the practice has been rated as good overall and good for all population groups (older people; people with long-term conditions; families, children and young people; working aged people; people experiencing poor mental health).
The report adds:
- Practice staff provided care in line with up-to-date clinical guidance.
- Quality improvement was carried out to monitor and improve outcomes for patients.
- The practice collaborated with local partners to plan services to meet the needs of their patients.
- Staff said they felt supported by the leadership team and were encouraged to develop.
Whilst no breaches of regulation were found, the centre has been told to address several issues, including:
- Complete staff appraisals for all staff in a timely way.
- Improve systems to encourage uptake of cervical screening.
- Consider succession planning arrangements to provide continuity of care for patients registered at the practice.
The ‘good’ rating is a continuation from the last inspection which took place in January 2016 which also saw an overall rating of Good being given.
Beechtree Medical Centre is on Henconner Lane and is part of Bramley, Wortley and Middleton Primary Care Network.
View all the relevant documents relating to this CQC inspection and rating here.