With fun cricket games, live bands, a ‘Scruffs’ dog show and the chance to be a wildlife explorer for the day, Rodley really is the place to be this weekend! writes Keely Bannister.
Open Weekend at Rodley Cricket Club
Rodley Cricket Club are hosting their “legendary” open weekend – a full three days packed with fun!
What can you expect? Live music, kids games, bouncy castles, great food and awesome ales and… go on then, a little bit of cricket.
Family fun is offered starting at 6pm on Friday and finishing at 7pm on Sunday.
Scruffs Dog Show at Rodley Cricket Club
Part of Rodley Cricket Club’s Open Weekend, The Dog House are hoping to host their best Scruffs Dog Show yet – and your dog could be walking away with a prize!
Registration starts at 12pm while the show begins at 1pm, with each dog entry costing £3.
With categories including Best Rescue, Sausage Catcher and Waggiest Tail plus many more, you can enter your dog into as many as you wish.
Nature Quest Day at Rodley Nature Reserve
On Saturday, 27 July, a day of family friendly fun awaits you at Rodley Nature Reserve – and it’s free!
The wetland reserve needs wildlife explorers to help identify all the bugs and mini critters that reside at the Moss Bridge Road site.
The schedule is packed full:
- Moth Trap Opening from 10am meeting at the visitors centre
- Supervised Pond Dipping from 10:30 am to 3pm at the public dipping ponds
- Worm Charming at 10:30am, 1pm and 3pm at the grass area besides the visitor centre
- Summer Bird Walks at 11am and 3pm around the reserve
- Bug safaris at 11:15am and 2pm at the area to the managers garden/Tansy Bank
- Dragons and Damsels from 12pm to 2pm at the Dragonfly Ponds
- Big Butterflies Count at 12pm and 2:30pm at Butterfly Bank/Willow Bank
- Wildlife Walk at 2pm through the wildlife meadows
Bring your own picnic. Refreshments are available from the visitors centre.