The 161st Bramley parkrun was made possible by 34 superstar hi-viz volunteers, writes Jean Hollings.
Here are eight facts and figures from the latest Saturday run in Bramley Park.
- 146 awesome athletes crossed the finish line
- We welcomed 22 first timers, especially the 6 people who completed their 1st ever parkrun and the six people who returned for their second parkrun; We had visitors from Croydon, Halifax, Liverpool, Nottingham & York.
- Thank you all for coming to Bramley on your parkrun journey
- 15 different running clubs were represented.
- A special well done to all 25 people who gained a personal best.
- Thanks again to all our wonderful volunteers as we certainly couldn’t do parkrun without you.
- Thank you to Tom Bosworth (British Race Walker and record holder for 3km, 5km, 10km & 20km) for your enthusiasm & being a great ambassador for UK athletics. Tail walking will never be the same again.
- Thank you to #teamparkrun for arranging for Tom to join us and other athletes at other parkrun events across the country.
Parkrun is a free event every Saturday from walkers to runners – for more information and to register, follow this link. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!