Whether you’re passionate about knitting, crazy about crochet, or would simply just a like a fun-filled day out for all the family, Leeds Wool Festival has something for all ages to enjoy.
The festival is a celebration of all things woolly at what was once the world’s largest woollen mill – Leeds Industrial Museum at Armley Mills.
It runs on Saturday 6th June, 10am-5pm.
Bringing together a jam-packed programme of textile workshops, talks, special performances and weaving demonstrations alongside our wonderful working looms and spinning mules there is so much to see and do.
There will be a wide array of stall holders.
Other events include:
- Meet real lambs and baby alpacas
- Folk musicians
- See traditional Morris dancers
- See the film Tell Them Of Us and the documentary about the knitters who answered the call to make the costumes for the film in our own 1920’s cinema at 11.30am and 3.15pm
- Pop up café courtesy of the lovely ladies from Darling Roses WI
- The Spinners of Aire, Bradford Spinners and Weavers Guild and traditional rug making demonstrations
- The museum’s very own Close Knit Friends will be on hand all day to help with all your knitting needs
- Workshops including Knitting in the Round, Introduction to Fair Isle and Natural Dyeing workshops taught by the fantastic Debbie Tomkies.
Further details and all workshops need to be booked in advance by phoning 0113 3783305. All other events and activities are free with normal museum admission charges unless otherwise stated.